HOW TO PACK A SHOEBOX
1. Choose Age & Gender
Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
2. Fill Shoebox with Gifts
Buy a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child. Please include at least one item a child can immediately embrace such as a stuffed toy, doll, ball or toy truck.
3. Include a $7 Donation
Donate $7 or more for each shoebox you will prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs.
4. Bring Your Gifts to the Packaging Event
Bring all of your gifts to OB One Church’s Packaging Event on November 19 & 20 @ 6:30P. We will pack all of our shoeboxes together and celebrate the coming holiday season with some festive fun!
Don’t know what to pack in your box? Here are some ideas to get you started on creating the coolest shoebox ever!
- SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- TOYS: Small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch,® toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky,® etc.
- HYGIENE ITEMS: Toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- OTHER: T-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
- A PERSONAL NOTE: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. (If you include your name and address, the child may write back.)
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out- of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snowglobes or glass containers; aerosol cans.