Life group Announcements
- Saturday, December 6th: OB One will be stationing ourselves throughout Newport Ave and enjoying the OB Christmas Parade in community with OB! We want to blanket the parade route with our presence and use this fun event to build relationships with the community and to help heal the reputation of Christians and the church. This is a great opportunity for us to live life alongside of those who are outside of our church. We will be giving away Christmas CDs as an invitation to our Christmas Eve service as well. The parade starts at 5:30pm, so plan to be here at church by 4:30pm to pray and establish a game plan. PLEASE INVITE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE GROUP TO BE A PART OF IT.
- December 15-19 is the last week of Life Group in 2014, and we want you to throw a LIFE GROUP CHRISTMAS PARTY during that week! This party will be a competition, and the best party will win awesome prizes. We will be looking at your party decorations, Christmas outfits, and most importantly, how many unchurched friends showed up to your party. Please email me the pictures of your party, and let me how many unchurched people showed up to it. The deadline to email me pictures is December 20th. On Sunday, December 21, we will be announcing the winner in all 3 services.
Life Group Questions
1. How did this sermon speak to you?
2. Read Luke 14: 28-33. What does it take to follow Jesus? Is it worth it…really? Does it always feel worth it? What other options do you think may be better?
3. Read Hebrews 1:1-3. Why is it important that Jesus is the final word of God to humanity? How does this affect the way you listen to God?
4. Why is it important that Jesus is heir of all things, creator of all things, and sustainer of all things?
5. Read Colossians 2:9, John 5:18, John 1:1/1:14. Jesus is either a liar, Lord, or lunatic because He claimed to be God, not a good teacher, not a prophet. How does this affect your relationship with Him? Can you be neutral with Jesus? Does your life reflect the Lordship of Christ or simply the savior in Christ?
6. Hebrews 1:3 says that Jesus provided purification for sin. Why is that so important? How does this tie into the fact that Jesus claims to be the only way to heaven, not one of many ways, but exclusively the only way (John 14:6, Acts 4:12). (Hint: Only Jesus can offer both mercy and justice).