Life Group Announcements:
- Youth Summer Camp: August 5th-9th – $395 (See church site for details)
- Dinner and Silent Auction Fundraiser for Youth Summer Camp: June 22, 2019 – $12
- Pray for Paul/Leigh Ann Bearce as well as Jonny Rizzo’s mother (all fighting cancer)
Life Group Questions:
Preacher: Joshua DeGuido
Title: Faith Through Fire: A Key to Impact
Sermon Series: Impact Babylon
- In the beginning of the sermon, Josh mentioned that it’s so often easy to believe that we are useless (that is, we can’t make an impact on others), when we are in a trial. However, God’s Word reminds us that it is when we are weak, vulnerable and dependent on Him that we shine the most (2 Corinthians 12:8-10).Have you ever, or do you still, struggle with feeling this way? Why do you think it’s easy to believe our impact is on pause when things in our life begin to fade? What do you have to offer others during that time?
- One of the points in the sermon was that we need to be aware of the pressures from this world (“Babylon”) to compromise our identity/commitment to God the same way Meshach, Shadrach, and Abed-nego were by King Nebuchadnezzar.What are some things in your life that are acting like the evil King? What things are commanding/demanding your devotion, time, worship, and energy in order to replace God as number 1?
- The second point in the sermon was that one way to make an impact like the three boys did, is to set boundaries. They told the King they would not worship his statue no matter the outcome (even death).What boundaries have you set recently? Were they necessary in order to get God back to the front seat where He belongs? If not, what are some things that are obstacles?
- The last point in the sermon was that there is a blessing for you and an impact for others when we refuse to compromise and we stay devoted to God only.Go around the room, or break into small groups, and begin to share some ways that you either made an impact, or someone made one on you.
Related Bible Verses:
- 2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (Beginning reference verse)
- Daniel 3:4-7, 14, 16-18, 23-25, & 27-28