Life Group Announcements
- Continue to pray for Pastor Joe Houser as he takes extended time off to focus on his health, family, and relationship with God.
- There will be a class on what it means to set healthy boundaries in our lives based on the book titled, Boundaries. Cost is $25 (includes copy of the book). Class will be taught by OB One’s Marriage and Family Therapist, Jenna Hillman. See our church’s website for registration details.
- Men’s breakfast: This Saturday (August 4th: 7-9 AM) at Ocean Beach Tower 2. Bring a beach chair and umbrella, the rest is provided!
Life Group Questions
- Joe and Christina shared what they are doing in Japan and encouraged us all about our own mission fields right where we currently live. What do you think it means when Jesus told us to, “disciple ALL nations?” America is a nation and therefore included in this commission from God. What does this look like for us day-to-day?
- The definition of the word commission is, “an instruction, command, or duty given to a person or group of people.” How is the word commission different from the word encouragement? Did God encourage us to go to the nations, or did He command it?
- Matthew 28:19 (in the Amplified Version) helps us to understand the original language of what discipling nations means. It says it was to help people to learn about God, believe in Him, and obey His words. How can we practice this in our homes, schools, workplace, and daily lives?
- Jesus told us that loving God and loving others is the greatest commandment, or commission (Matt. 22:37-40). The “Great Commission” should overflow from this commandment. What steps can we take daily to receive and respond to God’s love?
Bible Verses Read Sunday
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Proverbs 13:12
- Psalm 25:3
- Isaiah 40:31
- Romans 15:13
- 1 Peter 1:3
- Hebrews 11:1
- Matthew 28:19