2 Corinthians 1—Out of something Bad can come something Beautiful 7/7/13
Analogy: Have a bag of manure and pretty flower. Demonstrating out of something bad can come something beautiful.
- Teaches us to rely on God and not yourself
- Encourages us to drawn near to God and rest in His presence
- Experience God in a personal way
- When you are going through hard times seek out God for strength and notyourself.
- It is this reason that we are to place our hope in God.
- God is not only able to deliver you but will continue to deliver you!
- Enables us to comfort others with the comfort we have received
- God has comforted us, saved us, so that we may comfort others.
- It is in this process that we comfort others that we are also further healed andcomforted ourselves. Suffering equips the Christian to mediate God’scomfort.
- Colossians 1:24; 1Peter 5:9
- Testifies to God’s power to others! (11)
- We are to pray and encourage one another.
- Many will give thanks because of God’s intervention
- Hebrews 13:1