Life Group Announcements
- April 13th is the kids Sports Camp at Raglan in OB. The camp will get 20% of every order on that day. Just mention that you came for the OB Kid’s Camp Fundraiser.
- Baptism BBQ potluck is April 21st at the Anza Cove. Bring a side dish or a desert. If you like to be baptized contact pastor Julian (Julian@184.108.40.206)
- Men’s Weekend is coming up on May 4th and 5th. Please register at OB1church.com. Cost $50
Life Group Questions
- Read John 14:18 – Pastor Joe mentioned that Orphans do not feel loved, they are not provided for, not cared for, they have to fight for everything, they don’t share cause they hold on to it in fear to be without, they have no inheritance, no family, its “me against the world”. Many of us if we were honest still act like an orphan in many ways. Let’s talk about how our lives would look different if we really got it in our hearts God’s love and adoption.
- Orphan mentality is a root of a lot of identity issues. The issue of not feeling Accepted or significant. Not Feeling Loved; Consistently thinking that you are not lovable and people don’t like you,… And others. Let’s talk about how we can have victory over these issues by knowing how much God loves us, and how much we worth in his eyes. You are worth Jesus dying for you. That reveals to us value, and worth. Let’s talk about it.
- Isaiah 14 origin – Lucifer was the most beautiful angel, and He said to God, I don’t want you anymore. Now he attacks us with lies that God is not for us. Let’s talk about the fact that there is a real spiritual enemy that does not want us to know our value and worth to keep us in the bondage of victims instead of son and daughters that are victorious.
- In Christ we ARE loved, we ARE accepted, we are SAINTS not sinners, we ARE Holy in his eyes, we ARE heirs, we ARE… let’s talk about this realitySome Examples:
- Look at how we deal with money – orphan says God wants to take it from me, a son says everything is my dad’s. Orphan mentality thinks that I will be without if I tithe.
- Orphan mentality thinks sexual purity is missing out. Son mentality, God is protecting me for an awesome marriage
- The performance mentality is trying to earn God’s love and acceptance. Sons and daughters operate from a place of love and acceptance NOT to earn them.
Bible Verses Read Sunday
- John 14:18
- Isaiah 14:12-15
- Ephesians 3:14-20
- 2 Corinthians 6:18
- Galatians 4:4-7