Life Group Questions
- What did you learn Sunday from God & the Bible?
- Read Ephesians 6:10 – 14 and talk about how the enemy is always looking for an opportunity to attack us with his dark schemes.
- How do you feel the enemy attacks you? Maybe fear, guilt, shame, irritating you, accusations, judgmental thought, distractions with material things and stuff, ingratitude, etc…
- Read Romans 3:20-24 and talk about the difference of BEING righteous (Right standing with God) and DOING what is righteous (What is right in God’s eyes)
- Talk about how counter intuitive God’s ways are, because we can BE righteous BEFORE DOING any good works. In other words talk about how BEING righteous comes before DOING anything righteous, according to the Bible.
- Have you ever caught yourself trying to EARN a “right standing with God”? Maybe through your deeds, etc… How endless, tiring, without peace, and joy the process of having to EARN a good standard with God can be. Or even trying to EARN other things from God like forgiveness, etc… through your works?
- Talk about how liberating it is to know that in Christ we receive the status of ” being righteous” before we do any good deed for God. It is all based on faith in Christ and what He did at the cross in our behalf.
- Talk about how Christianity is the only religion in the world that is not “works based” and how liberating that is to know that our status with God is not based on our performance.
- Talk about DOING what is righteous now. (That means: To do what is right in God’s eyes) Talk about how some of the good motivations to do what is right in His eyes, versus some bad motivations of doing the same. And talk about how DOING what is righteous is a response to God and His grace and love.