Life Group Announcements
- This is week 11of 11 for the life group season. If you plan to take a break for the following 2 weeks, please communicate it to the group.
- Women’s retreat is this coming weekend. For more info email Colleen at email@example.com
- Feel free to print the transcript of the message and hand out to the people in your group if you feel that it would help your group discussion.
Life Group Questions
- How did you encounter God this week? How is He speaking to you? What are you learning from Him?
- Sermon summary (Fee free to summarize it to the people that were not in church Sunday)
- We learned about Abraham’s faith, obedience, his age when he was called (75), the famine (That represents a challenge even when we walk in obedience to God), Abraham’s lack of faith, his disobedience, and the consequences of his disobedience.
- What did you learn from God Sunday? How can we apply it to our life?
- Do you understand the difference between premeditated sin and slip ups? If so, can you explain to the group? Why is it so important to understand the difference of the 2?
- Famine came to the land. Doesn’t it sound like a contradiction when a hardship strikes our lives even when we are walking in obedience to God? (LG leader help: God is more interested in growth than comfort. Hardships grow our faith)
Bible Verses Read Sunday
- GENESIS 12:1-7
- JOSHUA 24:2 – Joshua said to all the people, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Long ago your ancestors, including Terah the father of Abraham and Nahor, lived beyond the Euphrates River and worshiped other gods.
- GALATIANS 3:6-7 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham.
- Genesis 12:10-20