LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
ANNOUNCEMENT # 1 – AFTER SERVICE FOR THE FIRST 5 MINUTES LET’S ONLY TALK TO PEOPLE WE DO NOT KNOW. ASK HOW THEY ARE DOING, WELCOME THEM TO THE CHURCH, ASK IF THEY NEED ANY HELP, INVITE THEM TO YOUR LIFE GROUP.
ANNOUNCEMENT # 2 – EASTER SUNDAY IS COMING UP FAST (APRIL 20), AND WE WILL BE LAUNCHING OUR 4TH SERVICE AT “THE VENUE” DURING SECOND SERVICE. FOR THAT REASON THE CHURCH WILL NEED ALL OF US TO SERVE. THE CHURCH WILL NEED 2 WORSHIP TEAMS, 2 GUEST SERVICE TEAMS, 2 KID’S MINISTRY GREETERS, AND 2 SECURITY TEAMS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SERVE, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM (CLICK HERE FOR FORM).
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR LIFE GROUP LEADERS ONLY
#1 – IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD A “FUN FELLOWSHIP NIGHT” WITH LIFE GROUP, IT’S TIME TO HAVE ONE. (IDEAS ARE POTLUCK, RESTAURANT, BOWLING, ETC…)
#2 – PRINT THE VOLUNTEER FORM MENTIONED ABOVE BEFORE YOU MEET WITH THE GROUP. PLEASE EMAIL YOUR LIST TO JENNIFER@OB1CHURCH.COM IN THE WEEK OF MARCH 16 AFTER YOU HAD 2 WEEKS OF SIGN UP.
#3 -IF YOU EMAIL THE LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS BELOW SO THAT GROUP MEMBER WOULD HAVE “HOMEWORK”, DO NOT EMAIL THEM THE ANSWERS. THE ANSWERS ARE ONLY DESIGNED TO HELP YOU LEAD THE GROUP.
- What did you learn Sunday? Would you like share your notes, or something that God spoke to you “loud and clear”?
- Read Matthew 5:3-12. Let’s pay attention how the sermon preached by Jesus talks about attitude of the heart. While we read take notes (or mental notes) of what the Lord speaks to you, so that you can share with the group.
- The sermon on the mount talks about attitudes of our hearts. Let’s talk about the difference between the “religious people” in the Bible ( Always trying to impress other people of how religious they are, they would hide their SIN from others, never made themselves VULNERABLE to others, in their minds they are BETTER than others, making them very JUDGEMENTAL people) versus how followers of Jesus should be based on this passage?
- Answer: Poor in spirit = Humble and see their total dependence on God’s grace and mercy; Mourn = mourn sin / mourn injustice; Meek = gentle; Hungry for God and righteousness = want to grow in God’s eyes, want more of God and more of His kingdom; Merciful = put yourself in other’s shoes; Pure in heart = grows in holiness; Peacemakers = make peace /bring peace in different situations; Persecuted/made fun of because they do what is right in God’s eyes)
- Do you have any questions about these heart attitudes that you want the group to clarify?
Which one of these heart attitudes is the hardest for YOU to put in practice? Or which one are you feeling like the Lord is calling you to grow in?
- Let’s pray now. Let’s break in groups of 3 (If you want by gender) and let’s be vulnerable with one another and pray for each other.