LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
ANNOUNCEMENT # 1 – AFTER SERVICE FOR THE FIRST 5 MINUTES LET’S ONLY TALK TO PEOPLE WE DO NOT KNOW. ASK HOW THEY ARE DOING, WELCOME THEM TO THE CHURCH, ASK IF THEY NEED ANY HELP, INVITE THEM TO YOUR LIFE GROUP.
ANNOUNCEMENT # 2 – EASTER SUNDAY IS COMING UP FAST (APRIL 20), AND WE WILL BE LAUNCHING OUR 4TH SERVICE AT “THE VENUE” DURING SECOND SERVICE. FOR THAT REASON THE CHURCH WILL NEED ALL OF US TO SERVE. THE CHURCH WILL NEED 2 WORSHIP TEAMS, 2 GUEST SERVICE TEAMS, 2 KID’S MINISTRY GREETERS, AND 2 SECURITY TEAMS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SERVE, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM (CLICK HERE FOR FORM).
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR LIFE GROUP LEADERS ONLY
#1 – PRINT THE VOLUNTEER FORM MENTIONED ABOVE BEFORE YOU MEET WITH THE GROUP. PLEASE EMAIL YOUR LIST TO JENNIFER@OB1CHURCH.COM IN THE WEEK OF MARCH 16 AFTER YOU HAD 2 WEEKS OF SIGN UP.
- What did you learn Sunday? Would you like share your notes, or something that God spoke to you “loud and clear”?
- Read John 10:1-11
- Let’s talk about verses 3, 4 and 5. Sheep KNOW and LISTEN to His voice. The sheep will not follow stranger’s voice. What are the ways that God speaks to us?
- Answer: We should know the Bible, because it is the primary way that God speaks to us (Have the group read Hebrews 1:1-2) . God also speaks through the Holy Spirit, through other Christians, through circumstances and through supernatural like visions, dreams, and spiritual gifts). But we should always compare it to the Bible to validate the message.
- How does knowing the Bible help us detect false teaching around us? What are some sources of false teachings in our day and age?
- Answer: False teachings can come from 1.common sense, 2.Feelings, 3.Family members, 4. Cultural pressures, 5. TV shows, and books
- The Lord (Shepherd) Call us by name. Talk about how each one of us has a unique journey with God, but all of us base our life journeys on same principles found in Bible.
- Example: Jesus said “You are the light of the world” We are all supposed to shine, but how we are going to shine is unique. Jesus said “Serve one another”, and other principles like giving, etc..
- The Shepherd leads, we follow. Talk about the importance of seeking the Lord before making decisions.
- Talk about the difference between faith and risk (Faith is following a command of God, risk is taking a chance without hearing from God and saying “God will provide”)
- (We can also seek Godly counsel, ask people to pray with us)
- verse 9 Jesus is the gate, come in, go out find pasture. Talk about how Jesus is the entryway to kingdom of God, entryway life of peace and purpose. Also talk about “You will Come in and Go out and find pasture”
- Come in is the safe times of life when everything is peaceful
- Go out is when sheep goes out of the sheep pen, and these are the “scary” moments of life, the “valleys”. But if we are following the Lord, we are safe.
- Read v11 and talk about Jesus is the good Shepherd