Life Group Questions
- How are you doing, and what are you learning from God in this season?
- Feel free to take your Sunday notes out. What was the main thing you learned this Sunday? Let’s take turns and share it
- Let’s talk about the 5 points pastor Julian talked about Sunday 1 by one. (Feel free to read each point below and talk about it 1 by one)
Points of the Message
- Have realistic EXPECTATIONS
- The original Christmas was very imperfect cause life is very imperfect. An unplanned pregnancy, 80 miles on a donkey while 9 months pregnant, no room in the hotel, ended up in a cave with animals as their heating system.
- Christmas will not be perfect as a coffee commercial. Real-life looks more like the movie Christmas Vacation.
- Keep it SIMPLE
- Ecclesiastes 4:6 Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls with toil
- A source of great stress sometimes is because we complicate things. Should you simplify your Christmas season? If so, how
- Find reasons to be content
- 1 Timothy 6:6 Godliness with contentment is great gain.
- We have to look for contentment, is not always natural for human beings.
- We all have reasons to complain and to be content. Where we’re focusing is the key difference.
- Don’t overextend my finances
- A good principle is to spend 1% of your yearly income during Christmas
- Make Christmas Personal
- a Savior has been born to you;
- Luke 2:1-14
- Ecclesiastes 4:6
- 1 Timothy 6:6