Life Group Announcements (PLEASE ALWAYS SHARE THIS WITH THE GROUP)
- Easter is in 2 weeks start praying for the people you are planning to invite
- BBQ Picnic Potluck Baptism is in April 2nd. Please text “BBQ” to 619-536-0006 to get more info & to RSVP
- Friday Night Service starts April 1st from 6 to 8pm.
- Women’s Retreat is coming up in 4 weeks – April 8-10 in Julian, CA cost is $125. For more info text “wr” to 619-5360006
Life Group Questions
- May I please get 2 volunteers to Read Romans 7:21-25 and Galatians 5:17. Let’s pay attention on the reading because the Bible is teaching us that The Christian life is a battle between the flesh and the Spirit. The Spirit nature wants to do what is good in God’s eyes, and the carnal human nature wants to do what is wrong. In essence we can be our worst enemies.
- Question: Is this new information to you? If so, what is going on in your mind?
- If not, how does this affect your daily life?
- May I please get 2 volunteers to read the following passages (Romans 8:5-8, and Galatians 5:16) Question: How can we have victory over our evil desires based on these passages?
- Read Hebrews 10:14 and talk about the life long process of Sanctification (Sanctification is the process of obtaining victory over our sin.) Some victories happen overnight but most do not. (Key word in this verse is “being” = ongoing process)
- What are some things that God gave you complete victory over? How did that happen?
- What are some things that you have seen progress?
- We need to learn to celebrate the progress instead of being down because of the lack of perfection. We may not be where we wanted to be, but we need to celebrate that we are not where we used to be.
Note to leaders: Key Teachings for leaders as you prepare for this week’s life group meeting
- Victory over sin only happens after salvation, not before. We should come as we are to God and let HIM change us. Because we need the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit to
- Victory over sin is a life long pursuit and endeavor
- God does not expect perfection, but He expects a repentant heart
- Some victories happen over night because it was the will of God to do so, others is a long process
- Conviction from the Spirit is a good thing, but Condemnation is not from God but from the enemy to stop us from being everything God want us to be and to do for His kingdom