1. How did the Holy Spirit speak to you on Sunday?
2. Think about your spiritual goals/desires. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to achieve those goals? If so what does that look like for you? If not why not?
3. Read Mark 5:21-24. What did Jairus want from Jesus and how did he go about getting it? What does that practically look like in your relationship with Jesus? For instance, are you willing to humble yourself and surrender your rights, hopes, dreams, fears and future unto Jesus? Are you willing to humble yourself (do whatever it takes)?
4. Read Mark 5:24-34. Here we see that a woman who had been sick for 12 years was willing to risk her life and press through to touch Jesus and be healed. She was willing to do whatever it took to get to Jesus. What are some metaphorical “crowds” that you need to press through today in order to reach Jesus? Perhaps your fears, personal relationships, wealth, public acceptance? How does this look like in your personal life and are you willing to press through even if it cost you everything?
5. Read Mark 5:35-43. How do you think Jairus felt when first heard his daughter was dead? Has there been a time that you felt that God has let you down?
6. What were Jesus’ only words to Jairus when he heard the news that his daughter was dead? How is that message relevant to your life today?
7. Spend some time specifically praying for each other and the struggles that you are each having.