Life Group Announcements
- Start praying and inviting people to our Community Easter Service at the baseball field. One united service at 10am followed by all kinds of activities like bounce house, Easter egg hunt, and tacos for $7 per person. Invite a friend.
Life Group Questions
Pillar #5 – We make the World a better place
Context: Gen. 1:31-2:3, 2:15Q1: Work isn’t a 4 Letter Word
- Ice Breaker:
- What mental images does the word ‘work’ bring to mind for you?
- What are your favorite jobs to do? Least favorite?
Question 2: Engaging our Work Read 1 Corinthians 7:17
- How can God be at the center of your daily work?
- What’s the most natural way to engage your faith in your workplace?
Question 3: Ecclesiastes 3:1 & Practicing the Presence
- For Brother Lawrence, a Carmelite monk, “common business,” no matter how mundane or routine, was the medium of God’s love. The issue was not the sacredness or worldly status of the task but the motivation behind it. “Nor is it needful that we should have great things to do. . . We can do little things for God; I turn the cake that is frying on the pan for love of him, and that done, if there is nothing else to call me, I prostrate myself in worship before him, who has given me grace to work; afterwards I rise happier than a king. It is enough for me to pick up but a straw from the ground for the love of God.” We don’t have ‘parts’ of our life that are distinct from each other (our work life, home life, church life) but they exist as a whole.
- How does separation of purposes/roles/work keep us from ‘practicing the presence of God’ in all we do?
Question 4: Our identity in our work
- Read John 6:27
- How do we use our work to establish our identity or our value?
- What does Scripture say about this?
- And how do we struggle in this?
Question 5: Value of our Work
- How is God glorified in your daily work?
- What is the natural integration of your work & the working out of your faith? (This should make sense and not be forced.)
- What is/are your circle(s) of influence for the Kingdom?